Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review Roundup for 2010

I wrote several reviews of bird and nature books over the course of 2010. Most (but not all) of the reviews are based on review copies provided by publishers. Here is a list of them, with links to the reviews. The first three are the best new nature books I have encountered this year; the rest are in reverse chronological order.
In addition to the books I reviewed, I received other review copies of new books from publishers. I still hope to review some of these, but here are some of the more interesting ones in case I do not finish the reviews.
These lists are by no means exhaustive, either of bird and nature books that I have seen this year, let alone what has been published. A good way to keep up with the latest bird and nature books is to follow The Birder's Library, which posts links to bird book reviews, and The Birdbooker Report, which covers general nature and science books in addition to bird books.