Saturday, January 06, 2007

Most Wanted Birds for 2007

These are the ten species I hope to add to my life list during 2007. As with last year's list, I am confining myself to birds that are at least regular visitors to the east coast.

  1. Horned Lark
  2. Connecticut Warbler
  3. Virginia Rail
  4. Rough-legged Hawk
  5. Common Redpoll
  6. Greater White-fronted Goose
  7. Whimbrel
  8. Golden-winged Warbler
  9. Golden Eagle
  10. Upland Sandpiper
Horned Lark is a bird that I miss consistently, even on trips when others see the species. It does not help that I rarely get to visit the proper habitat.

While I am at it, here is my 2007 wish list for DC. Some are life birds; others are birds I have only seen outside the District.
  1. American Pipit
  2. Horned Lark
  3. Pine Siskin
  4. Connecticut Warbler
  5. Little Blue Heron
  6. Golden-winged Warbler
  7. Wild Turkey
  8. Summer Tanager
  9. Yellow-throated Warbler
  10. Cattle Egret
(And here is last year's.)